A Cry For The Families
God I have a burden heart;
the issue has been around since days of old.
What happen to the families?
Where’s the love, harmony and compassion?
They have hearts of stone and cold.
Sisters are not speaking to their brothers;
brothers don’t really care.
Mothers will sue their daughters;
fathers are not even there.
We did not select our brothers and sisters;
It’s you that planned it all.
But we do choose how we treat each other.
We’ll have to answer to you, on judgment call.
Lord God please help fix the families,
my heart is crying out in pain.
I know you’re a compassionate God;
Your heart must feel the same.
Lord I know you give us free will;
but please intervene in this mess.
I’ve done all I know to do,
will you please do the rest?
Since the time of Cain and Abel;
A brother will kill a brother.
Less they forget, mother’s womb is barren;
there can’t be another.
Lord help restore the families.
Help siblings mature more each day;
all the jealousy and bickering like a child,
should now be put away.
Copyright © 2010 by-Phyllis Strong
Phyllis Strong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cry For The Families by Phyllis Strong )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal
- SeeAn (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Jenny Cho (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Making It, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Lisa Kelley (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Hello Spring, Ronald Chapman
- An empty sea, Piyush Dey
- Assembled Within The Gates Of Jerusalem, David Stewart Zammit
- THEY WERE THE PRETTIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE .., MOHAMMAD SKATI