Palas Kumar Ray
A Cup Of Tea
I myself, will move into the kitchen now.
A cup of tea seems a must for cooking.
I'll join my thoughts again in between.
Poetry or tea, let see, which I cook better.
I thought of coming back once or twice
while the water is boiled.
While the tea is brewed.
But No. It did not happen so.
For last two or three hours
thoughts cooking in my mind caused headache.
I felt a cup of tea was a priority.
I took more time searching ginger.
My wife is a good girl up to two cups in a day.
She is not happy or unhappy to serve tea
once in my morning (a different one)
and other in the evening (this is normal) .
Generally she agrees for a third cup too
but she does not want it become a routine.
Her annoyance is generally false
but today, she was not in a mood to do it.
I did not get ginger. We used it all
day before yesterday for cooking hotchpotch.
It became very tasty. No, not tea. The hotchpotch.
We jointly cooked it and it was a blue moon.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cup Of Tea by Palas Kumar Ray )
- Lisbon, Frank Avon
- Underground, Mark Webster
- Ophelia to Hamlet, David McLansky
- That All Our Beauty's Are The Same, Mark R. Elias
- Lust u me nu meneer, Madrason writer
- Depression, Alesia Leach
- Seashore Gratitude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Path Of The King, vince gullaci
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns