Palas Kumar Ray
A Cup Of Tea
I myself, will move into the kitchen now.
A cup of tea seems a must for cooking.
I'll join my thoughts again in between.
Poetry or tea, let see, which I cook better.
I thought of coming back once or twice
while the water is boiled.
While the tea is brewed.
But No. It did not happen so.
For last two or three hours
thoughts cooking in my mind caused headache.
I felt a cup of tea was a priority.
I took more time searching ginger.
My wife is a good girl up to two cups in a day.
She is not happy or unhappy to serve tea
once in my morning (a different one)
and other in the evening (this is normal) .
Generally she agrees for a third cup too
but she does not want it become a routine.
Her annoyance is generally false
but today, she was not in a mood to do it.
I did not get ginger. We used it all
day before yesterday for cooking hotchpotch.
It became very tasty. No, not tea. The hotchpotch.
We jointly cooked it and it was a blue moon.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cup Of Tea by Palas Kumar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Date Night, Charles Hancock
- I Boomerang, Michelle Claus
- Thrills and spills(Hindi translation), Thampi KEE
- What has The CPI(M) Done People Know It.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Communists Are Not At All The Good Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Pleading to God?, Dr John Celes
- Restricted!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Seemith!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Fashion Girls, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo