A Daft Crackpot
Parky the penguin felt so low,
He didn’t really like the snow,
Or the blustery winds that blow
Across his icy world.
Parky the penguin thought that he
Would find a boat and go to sea,
He needed to be wild and free,
Gone from his icy world.
Parky the penguin sailed away,
Spotted a sunny sandy bay,
Where he could laze around all day.
Unlike his icy world.
Parky the penguin got so hot,
And could not find one shady spot,
He knew he was a daft crackpot,
Leaving his icy world.
Parky the penguin hitched a ride,
On a tiny raft, narrow not wide,
And reaching home, had verified,
He’d missed his icy world.
Parky the penguin hugged his Mum,
Then skidded off upon his tum,
His escapade was not humdrum,
Nor was his icy world.
© Ernestine Northover
Ernestine Northover's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Daft Crackpot by Ernestine Northover )
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
- The Stars so Bright, Glenn Boeckx
- Catch the Moon, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- I Could Not Find My Way Free, Shalom Freedman
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
- Prison diary, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)