A Demanding Tenant
My heart is a demanding tenant
that defies common sense.
It doesn’t care what my mind thinks.
It sets up a barrier fence
to complicate this life of mine.
It tells me to leave my senses behind.
It takes a strong will to defy the heart.
It has a will of its own.
It wears you down, tears you apart.
And with its every beat you’ve known
You will not be the winner.
You will lose in the end.
And that tenant that lives inside of you
will never be your common sense friend.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Demanding Tenant by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- WEEPER TRAIN 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- DESPICABLE ME 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- CHILDHOOD'S MAGIC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SENSE OF HUMOR VS. PENIS, Beryl Dov
- GOD VS. MAN, Beryl Dov
- SENSE OF HUMOR VS. COMMON SENSE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- CONSOLATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LIP AUGMENTATION VS. DAISY DUCK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- DON'T LOSE YOUR BALANCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HUMORLESS ASSHOLES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov