Diana van den Berg
A Difference Made
When dark crawls small
around the throat,
and soul-stones grind both grey
and tears glass-freeze
before the words,
and flow seems ebb, forever more...
just one warm word
like a candle glow...
and sunrise sings
in sky-splashed flames,
and millstone lifts
and breath is free,
and sun-drenched tears dry
with soft-healing balm,
and words surge boundless, skywards, wide
and ebb reverts to blessèd flow.
(7 March 2006)
Diana van den Berg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Difference Made by Diana van den Berg )
- Just when you dont know what to say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Right is Right, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Blindman's Buff, Naveed Khalid
- Ceremonial, Naveed Khalid
- Pico-The-Gnome, Naveed Khalid
- Sirius, Naveed Khalid