'Lori, aren't you asleep?
Lori, d' you hear?'
'Quiet, duck your head down! It could seem
they're scarce a foot away. You can't talk here.'
'Lori, but it was such a lovely dream!...'
'How did it start?... Now, let me think...oh, yes...
The war is over... we are free
and plants and everything possess,
you understand, Lori?
I am at work. The selfsame plant of old,
the same machines I always knew,
but all a-glitter as pure gold,
and all full of some vigour new.
You're in the plant, Lori, and overseer,
and say: 'I want three hundred bolts today!'
'Well, right you are, Lori, that's fine, I'm here!'
and both of us are pleased and gay.
And outside the heavens are so bright!...
The air so pure! the space so blue!
And breathing is so light, so light!
You can't believe yourself it's you.'
Lori gazed at the other's eyes
(what boyish hope did they express!)
and, smiling, said in mock surprise:
'You're such a dreamer, Fernandez!'
The stars grew dimmer in the east. The night
in panicky retreat
disorderly drew back.
A call to fight!
Then started the attack...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dream by Nikola Vaptsarov )
- He Send Us (Nonet), Dorian Petersen Potter
- ANGELS ARE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ANGELICA HUSTON, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Batman And Robin (Limerick), Dorian Petersen Potter
- Haiku- Sawdust, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- ANGEL NUMBER 444, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ANGEL IS A WHITE SHIH TZU, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- The Joker (Limerick), Dorian Petersen Potter
- Haiku- A coffin, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- ANGEL MY NIECE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)