A Dream View
I walked that path a thousand times,
To the mountain top I'd climb,
Leaving the village beneath me,
I'd hear those church bells chime.
Looking down the valley,
The sky a luscious blue,
Admiring this world around me,
A grand and special view.
The village I was born in,
This land I call my own,
The rows of terraced houses,
A community proudly grown.
The birds sing from the treetops,
The sun upon my face,
This is my favourite moment,
This is my special place.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dream View by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- O virgin chic..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- गु बाजिबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- A sense of destiny, Mark Heathcote
- Love Is In The Air, Johnny Goyena
- A knight errant!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I am free to having, gajanan mishra
- Does Anyone Want Beautiful Poems Cried t.., mary douglas
- Largest house., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Tears Of A Rose, Electric Lady
- I am satisfied with this life, gajanan mishra