A dumb person having a dream!
A Scabbard-fish trying to catch
The common snipe bird as such!
An inefficient fellow born in a family rich
Unable to manage and maintain the properties!
A person who, learned with books and education,
Have fears to speak and discuss in a learned audience!
Are considered to be like a dumb person having a dream!
He could not explain and express what he had dreamt!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'A dumb person having a dream! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Thirikatukam'
வாளைமீன் உள்ளல் தலைப்படலும் ஆளல்லான்
செல்வக் குடியுட் பிறத்தலும் - பல்லவையுள்
அஞ்சுவான் கற்ற அருநூலும் இம்மூன்றும்
துஞ்சூமன் கண்ட கனா.7 திரிகடுகம்
Comments about this poem (A dumb person having a dream! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- The Blue Lotus, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Omnipresent should, gajanan mishra
- Haiku. Sunset (5-7-5), Valsa George
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.23, Monk E. Biz
- Haiku. A City (5-7-5), Valsa George
- Please make yourself, gajanan mishra
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.22, Monk E. Biz
- A Recipe for Joyful Living, Valsa George
- BESTIE, Eleonor Santiago
- My Past, Tribhawan Kaul