A Friend, My Friend
I sit and think of you
Last night I had a curious
My best friend saw you beside me
And grew jealous;
Who is this?
He asks in a huff,
Black spectacles closing
Crimson red eyes.
A friend, I say
Unready to precipitate offense.
A friend or your friend?
I am at a loss then;
Where lies the bifurcation
Between a friend and my friend?
Jude, I do not know.
If it is bile that eats you,
Then know that
You are my best friend,
And Kc is just
A friend, my friend?
samuel nze's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend, My Friend by samuel nze )
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1908 - 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Abou Ben Adhem, James Henry Leigh Hunt
Poem of the Day
- Thankful For You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Ten Dozen Red Roses, Michael P. McParland
- Eyes of Genesis, Merton Lee
- Haiku Concert At Day Break, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Sending All My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Saved, Michael P. McParland
- What Does It Matter, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Villanelle: Wander not into a land where.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- He Has Always Been Inside Us, Merton Lee
- Rock Hard Passion, Michael P. McParland