A Friend, My Friend
I sit and think of you
Last night I had a curious
My best friend saw you beside me
And grew jealous;
Who is this?
He asks in a huff,
Black spectacles closing
Crimson red eyes.
A friend, I say
Unready to precipitate offense.
A friend or your friend?
I am at a loss then;
Where lies the bifurcation
Between a friend and my friend?
Jude, I do not know.
If it is bile that eats you,
Then know that
You are my best friend,
And Kc is just
A friend, my friend?
samuel nze's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend, My Friend by samuel nze )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe