Eche Ononukwe Poems
- Colonial Mentality We always say our land is desecrat’d; ...
- A Witness To The Forgott'N In one silv’ry night, when the...
- I'M Crazy For You (Joy Eyisi) My love for you is young and ...
- From The Dark Aged Continent A people comes hurrily from ...
- Just For Our Rights We shall strive for the freedom of man, ...
- Here Comes The New Paradise! 1. To your shame, Big ...
- Africa, My Ancient Home! I met my lov’r on the day I was ...
LIFE AND BIRTH
Popularly known as Magikpluz (simply Magik) , Eche Ononukwe was born at Bariga, Lagos to the family of Ononukwe. He is a native of Umuezukwe of Awo-Omamma in Oru East Local Government Area of Imo state (Nigeria) . His father., Boniface, died in 2005, when he (Eche) was about to gain admission to the Bayelsa Science and Arts as a polytechnic student.
... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
We always say our land is desecrat’d;
that the whites from the wintry land
came with their heavy machine guns,
firing here and there our aged-civiliz’d land
like Shylock on the flesh of Antonio.
But we’re quick to forget
that we fought ‘em heart and soul
to claim back our enslav’d land,
which they demanded from us –
they won us, we won ‘em lat’r.
After a long period of perpetual chains,
we won our land, thanks to our Chineke God.
Now we rule ourselves yet enslave ourselves,
with our ...