Every poem will have an i.d. card.
Its fingerprints will be taken.
Its iris will be photographed.
It is impossible that we could mistake it for any other poem.
We will know where every poem has been and its history.
We will know how many parking tickets it has had.
We will catch it before it commits a murder.
We will record its proclivities.
A poem will have to fill in a form to exist in the first place.
It will have to acknowledge its nationality
it may not indulge in acts of treason
It may not criticise this wise and powerful government
it may not cross borders.
A poem may not rhyme.
If it sings it will be under suspicion.
It will be published with advice and assistance.
It may be read in the presence of approved audiences.
If it is not satisfied with its situation,
it may ask for an appeal hearing
in the presence of ten other poems,
The last known poem was seen drawing the dole,
though it is whispered that it was secretly working
unofficially as a gardener.
Sally Evans's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gardener by Sally Evans )
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- When will I grow up?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Good Poem, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)