A Girl Of The Same Expression
Starting to cry in the street,
a young woman waiting,
cold wind upon bare legs
too much ink in the eyes and lips.
The clothes matching the face,
the flesh too much like peaches
dissolved in photographs
ugly in slow motion.
Here comes the man, bothered by her crazy twisted shape, costume and ornaments
ignore the sonnets in praise of the beautiful woman: sex is at the bottom of it.
cruel demands for a girl of the same expression,
cruel satisfaction, her Eve infibulated.
remembered and nameless exposed in his banal ill used verses-
my lady is a symbol - mother uttered all masculine
She doesn't understand, folding into body language, crossing her legs like a rough edged castration instrument,
pulling in her backside like a big bag of money.
Knowing how to deal with the murderer with his charm and steel condom,
knowing how to smile beneath the lover with his smell of sweat and flab,
knowing how a woman feels.
mark littler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Girl Of The Same Expression by mark littler )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- The song of a bird - a translation of a .., Ravikumar C.P.
Poem of the Day
- Ghazal: In Silence, Mimi Khalvati
- Awaiting for March, Rimni chakravarty
- Of Snowdrape On Winterscape..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- Dawn, Rinzen Norbu
- Season of Laziness, Rimni chakravarty
- There's no tree that won't ever bend, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Dragon is just sleeping, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Impossibility, Tanya K.Tuomi
- An Unemployed Machinist, John Giorno