A Good Man Is Hard To Find
A complaint by many women is a good man is hard to find
That many men are selfish and to the needs of women blind
And that some men physically abuse their women so happens to be true
But give the good man credit if credit he is due.
For the crimes men commit against women allow me to feel shame
But for the sins of a minority a whole gender why blame
That one person does not make a Race or Nation also applies to men
One should not be found guilty if not guilty of a sin.
Some women abused by one man condemn all men as bad
But they are generalizing and that seems a bit sad
And though my sympathy is with abused women 'tis not prudent or not wise
To dislike all men for the crimes of one it does seem wrong to generalize.
I suppose there is some truth in that good men are hard to find
But not all men are cruel to women or aggressively inclined
To cause harm to others some men are good and kind
And kindness shown by good men readily come to mind.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Good Man Is Hard To Find by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak