A Happy Tear
What joy there is in every day
to hear from my lips often say
I love you.
You bring to me a taste for life
I know not hunger ever.
A smile, a grin, a glow within
A gift from God so great.
Not perfect I know, but mine for me
And one day all the world will see
The greatness from my eyes, the view
And happiness I feel for you.
You make me want to be alive
And teach you what you'll let me
I'll watch you grow not close not far
But by your side I'll be.
The greatest job I ever had
I'll say, when all is done
Was living life as the Dad
of you my only Son.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Happy Tear by charles doria )
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns