A Happy Tear
What joy there is in every day
to hear from my lips often say
I love you.
You bring to me a taste for life
I know not hunger ever.
A smile, a grin, a glow within
A gift from God so great.
Not perfect I know, but mine for me
And one day all the world will see
The greatness from my eyes, the view
And happiness I feel for you.
You make me want to be alive
And teach you what you'll let me
I'll watch you grow not close not far
But by your side I'll be.
The greatest job I ever had
I'll say, when all is done
Was living life as the Dad
of you my only Son.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Happy Tear by charles doria )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Cage of Anger, Aqua Flower
- Walls, Ariel Farrell
- City Life, Geraldine Kelly
- just a wee whatever, Mandolyn Davidson
- my thoughts of you ferment, Mandolyn Davidson
- bury me tonight, Mandolyn Davidson
- Plagiarize, Lilly Emery
- every breath i take is cold, Mandolyn Davidson
- Black tulips, Mark Heathcote
- Be Drunk In Love ~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW