A helping hand
On encoutering of some depress,
inevitably to all an occurance some time.
A firm standing of using a mind of sound,
Without posturing a head to decline.
Of wanting one's own way to resolve.
A gallant step forward of going it alone.
Success or failure may very much depend,
On mind over matter often assumed.
A solution in thought and more of talk,
in approaching a trusted friend.
In relaying the bitterness to transform,
an appraisal to desire a transend.
For true friends will bond out a hand,
outstrech and pull over with a hug.
In trying their best to raise your head,
even in times when things are tough.
Despair not if time is a little long,
light up a face embodied in bloom.
a way of persistance encouraged by them,
may keep you void of utter gloom.
Rome was not build in one single day,
so the saying of some wise man go.
Of all in life's sometimes tribulates
for sure a new seed in time will grow.
Of utter despair and feelings of lost,
remember the friend that stuck out the hand.
If all else fails let life prevail,
trust in faith of God's magic wand.
Siddic Nagdee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A helping hand by Siddic Nagdee )
- Wipes off obloquy, gajanan mishra
- Beloved of Bronze Skin, Donald R Charon
- a dead sea scroll unrolled, Mandolyn ...
- I am Thy Woman O my Protector, Aftab Alam
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #12, Ronjoy Brahma
- Wandering With Affliction, Donald R Charon
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #11, Ronjoy Brahma
- Thoughtful Interlude, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Look At Easter, Denis Martindale
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #10, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)