A house with a deferring wife becomes a forest where tiger lives!
One can’t say the house sans nothing
while one is having a chaste and good
hearted wife in the house; he has everything!
while there is no wife and there is a wife who defers
and confronts with wordy dual, that house becomes
a forest with thick bushes where tiger lives!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'A house with a deferring wife becomes a forest where tiger lives! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature from 'moothurai' by Poetess AVVAI of 12th century.
இல்லா ளகத்திருக்க இல்லாத தொன்றில்லை
இல்லாளும் இல்லாளே யாமாயின் - இல்லாள்
வலிகிடந்த மாற்ற முரைக்குமேல் அவ்வில்
புலிகிடந்த தூறாய் விடும்.21 – மூதுரை
Comments about this poem (A house with a deferring wife becomes a forest where tiger lives! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- AIRPORT INSPECTION, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Where Once Upon A Morn So Dreary, Noah Body
- ADORING MOTHER MARIZA, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ACTOR ANATASIA DRAKE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ACTIVITIES DAY WITH KIM, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A TRIBUTE TO OUR TROOPS, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A SOULMATE IS A MIRROR, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- This life is like a bubble, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A MORNING IN AMERICA, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A LESSON LEARNED, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)