A Hunted Hunter
Like my forebear, a hunter I am.
Skillfully, I hunt'd on life's every field.
With my horde I ran life's race,
Chased anything that cross'd my path.
Undaunted I hunted for wild games,
Until with awe they mention my names.
On life's every ground my arrows flew ‘n' hordes furrow'd,
For fame ‘n' a place on life's pages I hunt'd too.
I hunted for love ‘n' everything that came with it.
For fortune's hand I also wooed,
Till my nest she made her rest.
Then for power I go trapping,
Till my muscles out they puffed.
After every pleasure I hunted.
For knowledge I hunted too till I a sophist be.
Then i hunted for friendships,
to fill a void within my breast.
The more I hunt the more miserable I become.
Now everything I possess'd. me it possessed,
Till every game I hunted me they hunt.
Like me, so 're you.
For various prey you did hunt.
Take heed folks, lest you fall;
A prey of the very games you did hunt.
For all our lives, after vanity we hunts
At our death we're choked by regret,
Then we ask if ‘twas worth the while.
For games dearest to us we left unhunt'd,
While hunt'd by the needless games we did hunt.
Before you draw that bow, make sure it's worth the kill.
So like me you're not preyed by your prey.
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Hunted Hunter by Dave BenOdafe )
- Some thoughts, hasmukh amathalal
- Your possession, hasmukh amathalal
- Powerful you are, hasmukh amathalal
- Hate me Not- -, Gexg Lalnuna
- Openly dare, hasmukh amathalal
- Rain On Me, Kewayne Wadley
- Timeless Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Charcoal Sketch, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- It's End, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Feisty seed of love, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)