Helen Maria Williams
While thee I seek, protecting Power!
Be my vain wishes still'd;
And may this consecrated hour
With better hopes be fill'd.
Thy love the powers of thought bestow'd,
To thee my thoughts would soar;
Thy mercy o'er my life has flow'd-
That mercy I adore.
In each event of life, how clear,
Thy ruling hand I see;
Each blessing to my soul more dear,
Because conferr'd by thee.
In every joy that crowns my days,
In every pain I bear,
My heart shall find delight in praise,
Or seek relief in prayer.
When gladness wings my favour'd hour,
Thy love my thoughts shall fill:
Resign'd, when storms of sorrow lower,
My soul shall meet thy will.
My lifted eye without a tear
The lowring storm shall see;
My stedfast heart shall know no fear-
That heart will rest on Thee!
Helen Maria Williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Hymn by Helen Maria Williams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Their Light, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Who Are All These Girls?, LUVinThe NOW
- My Hill, Jack Meads
- i wore it out, Mandolyn Davidson
- do you love this?, Mandolyn Davidson
- Verbal Abuse Of Controlling People, Lilly Emery
- Into the rain, Tom Squires
- Come, Come... ~~~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- missing the exit, Mandolyn Davidson
- Retirement, Ruth Walters