Helen Maria Williams
No riches from his scanty store
My lover could impart;
He gave a meant his love.
But now for me, in search of gain
From shore to shore he flies:
Why wander riches to obtain,boon I valued more—
He gave me all his heart!
His soul sincere, his gen'rous worth,
Might well this bosom move;
And when I ask'd for bliss on earth,
When love is all I prize?
The frugal meal, the lowly cot
If blest my love with thee!
That simple fare, that humble lot,
Were more than wealth to me.
While he the dang'rous ocean braves,
My tears but vainly flow:
Is pity in the faithless waves
To which I pour my woe?
The night is dark, the waters deep,
Yet soft the billows roll;
Alas! at every breeze I weep—
The storm is in my soul.
Helen Maria Williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Song by Helen Maria Williams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 11, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 10, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Flying Dutchman , Gert Strydom
- Tu ktheva, o det., skender iljaz braka
- Shkujdesur ecja rrugeve te qytetit, skender iljaz braka
- Retrospektive, skender iljaz braka
- Catharine, Gert Strydom
- Ne zemer te netevee te tua, skender iljaz braka
- EYES ARE FOR LOOK, maqsood hasni
- READ FROM EYES, maqsood hasni