I grew up 'normal', like other kids,
I never overstepped boundaries or other grids,
Just like a normal kid would have done,
I guess in the end, I didn't grow up as one.
Had a friend or two, frivolous stuff,
Perhaps a bit too frivolous, mentally rough,
I wanted to do stuff, of which others did not,
Always at night, laying in same position, same spot.
I studied the light, as the sun came to my focus,
Learning wherever I could, examining at any locus,
Whether destined or not, I couldn't tell,
At night my mind curiously dreamt, bound by lights spell.
As I grew, so did my body and mind,
Receiving a surprise, bum and breasts combined,
This, wouldn't become an obstacle at all,
Not even men, eyeing me like some kind of doll.
My parents divorced, and I was lost inbetween,
I slipped into an alley of memories, unseen,
I felt it was time to move on, live alone,
From then, I set off, to find a new home.
It took not long, before I arrived at Wintergarde Keep,
At first, I was given a broom, and ordered to sweep,
Later on, given a few teachings on sparring and fighting,
Before I had realized, I was undead smiting.
Sent to the quarrels of the Humans and Undead,
There I found nothing but torture, pain and dread,
Defending the city of Stratholme, of where I was born,
Standing tall, in my once, homecity, silver armor worn.
I had lost my mother, and my future sister in crude battle,
My screaming cries, yield no sound, yet low rattle,
Arms around my mother, my hands feeling blood,
A fatal wound, by bows and guns, in the stomach, shot.
I were not to submit defeat, and lower my sword,
Fought like a hero, around the battle stage, soared,
Once the city was safe and sound, it was all ash,
Everything of what once were important, was then, trash.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Knight by Dan Lundahl )
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A New Year, Electric Lady
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Unspoiled Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Surrender The Anguish, lingering stupor
- New Year 2015, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Serenity Of Air, lingering stupor
- Lovely flow, hasmukh amathalal
- 'A Peaceful New Year', Sossi Khachadourian
- Run Silent Run Deep, lingering stupor
- The Betrayal, Ahmad Husain
- A New Year, Electric Lady
- Antique., RAJ VIKRAM