Geetima Baruah Sarma
A Lady with a Difference
An old lady,
Wrinkles stamped on her face,
Greeted me 'Merry Christmas',
Invited me to her residence.
Her cottage was simple and cosy,
Filled with love, kindness and humility,
Her daughters welcomed me,
Served dinner with cake and sweet.
With a simple job,
She struggled hard,
To educate her daughters,
Till they stood on their feet.
On Christmas day,
She thanked Jesus,
Celebrated by serving a feast.
[Published: 6 March 2010 in 'feelings' column of 'Horizon', the Saturday supplement of 'The Assam Tribune']
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lady with a Difference by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra
- Salvation, Uttam Biswas
- Morning Prayer, Brian P FitzGerald
- Ghost And..., John Ugolo Umah
- Mendel Anxiety, RISHAD MKPNR
- Beauty Falls..., John Ugolo Umah
- Flooded street, gajanan mishra
- Cloud Maker, Pradip Chattopadhyay