A Lasting Smile!
You came today-to this barren land, with thunderbolt!
Breaking the crust of infertile thoughts!
That separates the majesty and priest-
Worshipped! On stately clouds, infant forests.
With poised gait, cleanse the dust,
Piercing through the lies, lengths futile
Disappear, glass doesn't bear the crack-
Of silent mighty, devotee of his soul.
Beautiful! Sands bear her signature-
As rain lashed at the tired green sense-
Whose scriptures were her sight,
Fixed! Affirmed his beaming conscience!
Poignant! Stunned with mirthful arrival-
In spirit of a shooter, broke all,
Bondages, for the lagged spirit
Awaken, clouds colliding for lasting smile!
Deb Panda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(Of course everyday is auspicious for me, as long as I connect to that stream of eternal bliss, U have blessed.....)
Comments about this poem (A Lasting Smile! by Deb Panda )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- The Beach Of Shells, Edward Shanks
- New Bloom..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Ten Years After Tsunami 2004, Umasree Raghunath
- A Little Air, Kevin John Racaza
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Unblind and a Blind Man, Luo Zhihai
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya