Maria C. Costa
A Life Story
The quietness and brightness of our days
Escaped from here, my dear.
It shouldn't have been that way -
For the memories, fondness, care
Are treasured inside me, and I pray.
Much strength, enthusiasm, determination
Were always at our side
But now there is no celebration
For it suddenly deprived us
Of that positive, sweet Inspiration!
I struggle for regaining my energy
For releasing inner cries and sorrow
That are hindering me from being free
And persist to dig a big hollow!
Maria C. Costa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Life Story by Maria C. Costa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- Hagar in the Wilderness, Tyehimba Jess
- That hopeless hope ذلك الامل العديم الامل, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Incomplete Lioness, Linda Bierds
- The Dog Next Door, Tony Adah
- Joseph Cornell, with Box, Michael Dumanis
- The Painting, John Balaban
- Time to Think in an Unused Place pt.2, cheynne dries
- Why knowing is (& Matisse's Woman with a.., Martha Ronk
- Time to Think in an Unused Place pt.1, cheynne dries
- Grouch Grinch, Philo Yan