Sonya Annita Song
A Little Nutty
Peanut butter was a guy
Who never compromised,
For surely, he thought,
No one could be nuttier than I.
As king of all the nuts
You'd find him almost anywhere -
Sometimes lurking in your fridge
Or nibbling on your hair.
'Oh, that's your fault, ' he'd quickly say
If ever he was caught,
'Your fridge seemed rather lonely, ' or
'Your hair was in a knot.
And then he'd blob his way along
In peanut butter style
With sticky satisfaction
At his buttered use of guile.
He ate his peanuts every day
To keep him nice and strong,
And blobbing back and forth real slow,
You'd hear him sing this song:
'Peanut butter is the best!
I dare you to defy
That there is anybody who
Is nuttier than I.'
And as he sang his nutty song,
He saw a girl named jelly
Whose blush made all the nuts whirl round
Deep in his peanut belly.
And though she saw him coming from
Almost a mile away,
She let him come and take her hand
In globbish disarray.
'Peanut butter is the best
Is what I used to think,
But the two of us together
Would be perfectly in sync.
So take my peanut butter hand
And be my queen of jelly,
And I will always keep you warm
With all my peanut belly.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Little Nutty by Sonya Annita Song )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- If My Voice Is Not Reaching You, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Pen And Paper, ali chukwuemeka