A Lonely Cloud
Silence reigned in the valley.
The lone pass was filled with snow;
No trees but tufts I could see,
Frozen rivers could not flow.
Only a lonely cloud there,
followed me along the way.
Galloping as lively mare,
seemed wanted something to say!
At once a leaf fell on ground.
Its color was deep, deep red.
Casting look no tree I found,
Thought I might have gone off head!
Then, the second leaf fell and,
the third, fourth, fifth on and on;
Was I in sorceress' land,
where none was living person?
The leaves were flying, flying..
The wind also strongly blew.
They danced then whirling, whirling,
like a ring of leaves they flew.
Surprised I then took a look,
Ah! I watched an awesome sight!
The cloud was moving as rook,
and raining leaves with its flight.
A lovely friend I then gained!
Cloud threw leaves and I caught them.
Laughingly, I touched my friend.
Thus we played our throw-catch game.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lonely Cloud by Neela Nath )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Sometimes With It Done To Bring Tears, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Shadows Of A People, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Life is Music, Maverick Jones
- Hospice Volunteer Thank You, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If you are to abandon, gajanan mishra
- The day on the tract of the life, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Ocean, Maverick Jones
- Midnight Train, Petra Maria
- Budget and the poem, gajanan mishra
- Killer in the Shadows, Maverick Jones