- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nothingness is gripping my soul.
From the heart of my hearts I feel
something was, encircling me like
ozone to cover me from the ultra-ray
to ask me the atmosphere of my heart!
Night falls on day, day collapses
to evening but none opens their
mouth to convey thru rustle of
the air, who was here just near
me, as a brook, flowing as a lass!
No fury, no sound disturbs me
in this vale of silence!
I'm waiting in timeless eternity
for the clarion call,
to glue me as a leaf in its
not to be detached ever! !
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Leaf by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven, William Butler Yeats
- Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
- Laurence Overmire
(24 June 1842 - 26 December 1913)
(10 December 1824 – 18 September 1905)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)