A long Way From Here To The Old Paps Of Shrone
A long way from here to the old Paps of Shrone
And from Gortavehy and his face of stone
And a long way from here ten thousand miles or more
From the fields and the cliffs of Hibernia's shore.
A long way from here to where the rivers do meet
In the fields of Duhallow near the Town of Millstreet
And a long way from Cullen and Knocknagree,
Rathmore, Boherbue, Kiskeam and Derrinagree.
A long way from here to where the Blackwater flow
Through the countryside of the rook and the gray hooded crow
And a long way from here to the clear mountain rill
That flows down the high fields by old Clara hill.
Far from Kanturk, Newmarket, Dromtarriffe and Banteer
In the heart of Duhallow a long way from here
In distance in miles they may be far away
But in fancy I visit these places today.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A long Way From Here To The Old Paps Of Shrone by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON