A LOVE SONG
When the intellect was
defiling the unwritten book;
half-read, you reach for epiphancy.
Why you had to kill yourself
on the swing, before reaching─
the peak? Searching for escape?
I cannot know you, O flame.
Do not go beyond the sky.
My wings twist like nasturtiums.
Last night a city wept in─
my arms. There were no roses─
left and, no cut glass nudes.
They bleed, when you dig
out the roots. The croci were
planted by me when snow had melted.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A LOVE SONG by Satish Verma )
- Always, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- The condition again, hasmukh amathalal
- Oatmeal Omelet, Von Kimball Barney
- The condition, hasmukh amathalal
- Reason, Elia Michael
- Autumn Again But, Nassy Fesharaki
- He Was Leaving, Neela Nath
- Symphony, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The hunter's trap - By POET Yaser Nadeem.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- As passimist, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)