A LOVE SONG
When the intellect was
defiling the unwritten book;
half-read, you reach for epiphancy.
Why you had to kill yourself
on the swing, before reaching─
the peak? Searching for escape?
I cannot know you, O flame.
Do not go beyond the sky.
My wings twist like nasturtiums.
Last night a city wept in─
my arms. There were no roses─
left and, no cut glass nudes.
They bleed, when you dig
out the roots. The croci were
planted by me when snow had melted.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A LOVE SONG by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Far, Brandt Nightingale
- Have You Loved An Angel?, Ronald Chapman
- Tohum Dükkanı, Deniz Atay
- Forgetting My Father, Ryan Scales
- Remembering My Father, Ryan Scales
- Senin Değilim, Deniz Atay
- Bir Ok, Bir Şarkı, Deniz Atay
- Small welcome thoughts of mine through t.., binod bastola
- Gül Ailesi, Deniz Atay
- Bırak Unutulsun, Deniz Atay