A Lullaby For Emma
Close your eyes darling Emma tonight
Mama will sing you a sweet lullaby.
Lay your head on my shoulder tonight
Mama will rock you to sleep rock-a-bye.
Sandman is waiting to take you away
Into a dream world of wonder and play
You'll fly through the sky lighting stars on the way
Stars that will glitter until the new day.
Mommy and dady will watch over you
so hush little darling
we'll always love you.
(all rights reserved)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lullaby For Emma by Philippe Brisebois )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Snow, Walter de la Mare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)