A Made For Each Other Couple
'Are you the one, I've been waiting for, all my life?
Are you the one, he has made, for me alone? '
At long last, have I met the angel of my dreamful quest,
In mind and body, in heart and soul with beauty blest.
How I salute God for this delectable present in my nest!
Our ideas and ideals in harmony concur,
Our aspirations and values run together.
Yes, we are a made for each other couple,
Are much more than one plus one simple.
By synergism, we will achieve together surely,
A lot more than each of us can separately.
Our attraction is not just physical and momentary,
But a two-in-one lifelong sacramental commentary
On jointly taking on the life's complex struggles and pulls,
On tackling its highs and lows, summers and winters full,
On co-authoring many a noble deed to our fill,
Worthy of a life blessed by the divine will.
[Published originally in the Deccan Chronicle English daily, Sept 21,2003, as the week's best verse, in their 'Be a poet' contest. They used to provide a lead, and you had to follow it up with your own creation. It's another story, though, that the announced prize of Rs 150 never arrived! ]
AtreyaSarma Uppaluri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Made For Each Other Couple by AtreyaSarma Uppaluri )
- Not Just You, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Cry of the Unwanted, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Beneath the Words, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Believe, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- One-way Mirror, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- October Skies, Lilly Emery
- What if, Chris Zachariou
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)