A man of integrity
I wish to be
a man of integrity
and no other type of man can I be.
Duty is an old and somewhat cold companion
that changes with society
and what once was high en right
might be a shadow on tomorrow.
Training takes control
and stills the shaking hand in battle
and persevere in what some
see as great bravery.
I wish no guilt to follow in my steps
and I am only honour bound
and yet the cruelty of war
still falls over me.
Gert Strydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A man of integrity by Gert Strydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Not enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond Gems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost and Found, Anthony Di'anno
- reaching for your hand so i don't get lost, Mandolyn ...
- Share to walk, hasmukh amathalal
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska