A MATTER OF CHOICE
Meeting of two hearts and souls
to emerge as one,
compliment not contradict,
care for, not being callous.
Two hands better than one,
to face challenges, crises, calamities,
Happy and sad times together
And emerge unscathed.
Growing in each other’s company,
Without getting the better of the other,
the subtleties of life understood better,
setting an example for more individuals.
What if it does not work out?
One may decide to opt out.
Sense of loss, betrayal, grief, rejection and confusion,
Leaving it behind, one may start anew.
Two is better, but single and free
can yield the desired result.
Creativity need not be curbed or restricted,
Life need not be a burden,
Freedom can be by choice..
hema ravi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A MATTER OF CHOICE by hema ravi )
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
- Thousand Lullabies, Eleonor Santiago
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)