A MATTER OF CHOICE
Meeting of two hearts and souls
to emerge as one,
compliment not contradict,
care for, not being callous.
Two hands better than one,
to face challenges, crises, calamities,
Happy and sad times together
And emerge unscathed.
Growing in each other’s company,
Without getting the better of the other,
the subtleties of life understood better,
setting an example for more individuals.
What if it does not work out?
One may decide to opt out.
Sense of loss, betrayal, grief, rejection and confusion,
Leaving it behind, one may start anew.
Two is better, but single and free
can yield the desired result.
Creativity need not be curbed or restricted,
Life need not be a burden,
Freedom can be by choice..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A MATTER OF CHOICE by hema ravi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- marigolds, Marshall Gass
- Distance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter's Untrust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Forbidding Mourning, Lilly Emery
- That Old, Sweet Poison, C.k. Pearse
- Curriculum Vitae, C.k. Pearse
- O The Knowledge, sallam yassin
- The Day Silver Walked Into My Life, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- Time To Come Home, Wilfred Mellers
- I Am Always With You, Amitava Sur