A MATTER OF CHOICE
Meeting of two hearts and souls
to emerge as one,
compliment not contradict,
care for, not being callous.
Two hands better than one,
to face challenges, crises, calamities,
Happy and sad times together
And emerge unscathed.
Growing in each other’s company,
Without getting the better of the other,
the subtleties of life understood better,
setting an example for more individuals.
What if it does not work out?
One may decide to opt out.
Sense of loss, betrayal, grief, rejection and confusion,
Leaving it behind, one may start anew.
Two is better, but single and free
can yield the desired result.
Creativity need not be curbed or restricted,
Life need not be a burden,
Freedom can be by choice..
hema ravi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A MATTER OF CHOICE by hema ravi )
- Touch the Air Softly, William Jay Smith
- Dachshunds, William Jay Smith
- Sweet Home, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Butterfly, William Jay Smith
- The readiness, hasmukh amathalal
- Seal, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku ghazal (boond) हाइकू ग़ज़ल, S.D. TIWARI
- Behave like dog and not human, Aftab Alam
- A Pavane for the Nursery, William Jay Smith
- The Toaster, William Jay Smith
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)