Dr John Celes
A Mother Giraffe’s Baby-Kiss!
This is your mother’s kiss, my child!
Don’t you worry: things will be fine;
Just eat and sleep and play awhile.
You’ve had your birth on lovely earth;
You’ll take your time to grow up tall;
Soon you’ll become a long-necked beast!
Wait till your legs get strength to stand;
Wait till your bones can make you walk;
Wait till your mouth reaches tree-leaves!
And when you’re tall as your mother,
And children look at you in awe,
You will feel truly, very great!
This is your mother’s kiss of love;
This is your mother’s kiss of pride;
For when you match her neck and stride,
You must bend low too, from above!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 22-9-2005
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mother Giraffe’s Baby-Kiss! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- picture, laxami Cards
- Nightingale, Naveed Khalid
- Conspiracy, Susmit Panda
- jupiter, Mandolyn Davidson
- Woodcutter Vs Woodpecker, SALINI NAIR
- Ne detin e ngrire te meendimeve te mia, skender iljaz braka
- Indiferentizem ekstrem, skender iljaz braka
- Mangesi tolerance, skender iljaz braka
- Ne ditet me te erreta te jetes sime, skender iljaz braka
- Nxitoni o ju hapa te penguara, skender iljaz braka