Dr John Celes
Sonnet: True Faith
Yes, faith can lift a mountain from its base!
Yes, faith can turn a river off its course;
Yes, faith can win an impossible race!
Yes, faith can calm a lion as he roars!
Sure, faith can do impossible a thing!
Sure, faith can hold a marriage till the end!
Sure, faith can well a happy ending bring!
Sure, faith can truly iron bars too bend!
True faith can make a friendship very strong!
True faith unites two lovers tie the knot!
True faith can make miles look like one furlong!
True faith can win a war although ill-fought!
None can afford to lose faith since their birth,
And faith in God is what we need on earth.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: True Faith by Dr John Celes )
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
Poem of the Day
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 14 - If thou must love me, let it.., Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY, Vivek Tiwari
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)