A Mother's Hate
Why she hates me the way she does, I dont know.
All I've ever tried to do was be this 'perfect daughter' but all I could, and wanted to be was me.
I can see the hate in her eye's everytime she looks at me, and I can hear it in her voice.
The words she says to me pierce my soul, and stabs at my heart. All I ever wanted, all I ever need from her was to feel and be loved.
But I guess she only feels of me, how her mother feels of her, HATE..
A mothers loves is precious, something a person can embrace everytime they feel melancholy or unwanted.
A mothers hate is cruel, and when u know and feel deep down in your heart that your mother hates u, you sometimes feel not even god loves you,
You feel unloved, and unwanted by people who should love you, but really don't
So you're blinded when you find someone who truly loves you...
I now know that someone does love me, and his name is GOD, he's loved me all along and I let the hate from my mother blind me of that.
He's loved me even when I thought I hated him.., I dont know how I could ever hate the only person who's held love for me since day one.
Over the years I've learned that something deep in my mothers heart has caused her to feel the way about me she does now,
So I stopped acting out all for her attention, I stopped hurting and cutting myself only to feel her warm embrace and see if she holds any kindness in her heart for me,
But most importantly I stopped trying to MAKE her love me, I've learned that's something she should want to do, but she doesnt so..
I'm not going to make any one love me who doesnt want to, and I'm not going to search for something that doesnt want to be found anymore(my mothers love) ......
Nahjee' Wes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Hate by Nahjee' Wes )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(13 January 1957)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Haiku After Sunrise, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Rest With Me, Michael P. McParland
- Rest Assured KP, Michael P. McParland
- Respect For You, Michael P. McParland
- on the outside, ras palmer
- But did I?, Vanessa Parodia
- Renewed Hope, Michael P. McParland
- Remember Loving Words, Michael P. McParland
- Ready For Bed, Michael P. McParland
- She will be, Vanessa Parodia