A mother's love
A mother’s love is sweeter
than honey from the honeycomb.
It is more beautiful than
flowers blooming in the spring.
A mother’s love is helping you tie your shoes
as you get ready for the first day of school.
A mother’s love comforts you when you cry
after another defeating day at school
when you felt all alone.
A mother’s love will help with your homework
no matter how busy her day may be.
A mother’s love says she’ll be there
when it’s your big day-
and she is.
A mother’s love loves you,
even if you’re not a straight A student
or captain of the basketball team.
What is a mother’s love?
It’s not about buying everything you want to have,
but it’s about struggling to meet your every need.
A mother’s love remains strong to the end,
even through the hard times.
It’s not about making spaghetti for dinner
or ironing all your clothes.
A mother’s love will tell you the truth
instead of telling you all the things you want to hear.
It’s not about how much money she has
or how many gifts she gives you.
But it’s about her dedication and commitment
to raising you right.
A mother’s love sticks by your side
and gently reminds you of her love for you,
and that you’re not alone.
A mother’s love will teach you about a savior
and his love for us so we could be made anew.
A mother’s love laughs with you,
plays with you,
and is more of a friend than you could ever know.
A mother’s love is a gift you could never afford
but was delivered to you specially
free of cost.
You don’t have to give up
when you’ve got reassuring arms
around you all the way.
Cherish this gift
and hold it close to your heart.
For there’s never a gift more precious
than a mother’s love.
Alexandra Yeboah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A mother's love by Alexandra Yeboah )
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There be a whole civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Under the Flag of Civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- United in flying, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Poet Seer in parable., Emmanuel George Cefai
- There was a Poet Seer and the people gat.., Emmanuel George Cefai
- We are meant, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dare Not To Tell You., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- ' Emeralds And Black Diamon.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- ' In This Autumn Of The Yea.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
(A Collection of Select Works...)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)