A Mothers Love
I held you close, sweet child of mine,
Soft, velvet skin, you looked divine.
My darling child, my little one,
Safe in my arms, your life began.
I watched you grow, with tender love
My little Angel, from Heaven above.
I tucked you into bed at night,
Looked in on you, your eyes shut tight.
I taught you, oh so many things,
The ways of life, and what it brings.
You're now grown up, how time has flown,
Decisions made, all on your own.
Wherever you are, and whatever you do,
You're always my baby, that's for sure.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mothers Love by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Too much, hasmukh amathalal
- Beer, Britton DeJong
- A Flower Is To See, Not To Kiss Or Smell, Bijay Kant Dubey
- In the forest, Philo Yan
- The Devil Called On Me, louis rams
- Papa Says That The Son Will Make A Name, Bijay Kant Dubey
- When I see, you come to me as a poem, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Church Of Souls, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Kissing The Drunk Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Awaiting Fulfillment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak