A Mothers Love
I held you close, sweet child of mine,
Soft, velvet skin, you looked divine.
My darling child, my little one,
Safe in my arms, your life began.
I watched you grow, with tender love
My little Angel, from Heaven above.
I tucked you into bed at night,
Looked in on you, your eyes shut tight.
I taught you, oh so many things,
The ways of life, and what it brings.
You're now grown up, how time has flown,
Decisions made, all on your own.
Wherever you are, and whatever you do,
You're always my baby, that's for sure.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mothers Love by Jayne Davies )
- The truth is, Brian Kilpatrick
- In our minds, Brian Kilpatrick
- Walls, arshad arshad
- / Ek Burkhawalli She Pyar-mohabbat/ Ek P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Boond Boond Boond Barse Chain, Yashvardhan Goel
- O My God, Meri Ek Bhi Nahin, Uski Tin-Ti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Fabus Indulcet Fames, michael walkerjohn
- One Not, But Three Bibis, Veiled Wives, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Alive In S'November To Remember - The Ta.., Joe Muschaweck
- Each Day With You KP, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Marriage(Divine Relation), binod bastola
- YOUR SADNESS DRAWS A SAD PICTURE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)