‘There shall be a poetess born,
Ensouled with poetic leanings….’
She cried, pulled from her watery world
breathing in the alien air….
The years and seasons came and went,
and found the muse alone at play
amid her native dimensions,
romping free and singing verses:
♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♪ wall,
♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♪ fall...
Her tender years end with a pause.
…Adulthood dawned brightly on her,
a comely grace and pleasing face.
Like a fledgling that leaves its nest
She, resolved, flew a flight west
with assistance of providence….
The years passed bye when she'd returned
With a masters degree she earned
And prophecy preserved in print-
her personal anthology.
Today she’s known for civic pride
reading poems to hometown ears
of life’s lessons contained inside
amassed from long, meaningful years.
Albert Ahearn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Muse by Albert Ahearn )
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- 신세계 대전오피 010↔5959↔1049 대전서구오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- The Empty Room, Maria Magdalena Biela
- Dream liner, Stephen Brian Brady
- peeping Tom, lee fones
- pension scheme, lee fones
- meri sohbat me........., sanjay kumar maurya
- Let me know, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)