A new day
I have learned something new today, on a bright sunny day.
To run down the streets and dance with the rain,
To kiss everyone in this pouring rain.
To smile at everything that passes by and meets my eye,
To softly touch the blue sky on the cheek with my hand,
To surrender to the music of a morning bird,
To laugh til I cry and cry til I laugh,
To sing to the rhythm of my beating heart, so nothing will tear us apart.
To wipe the tears of a loved one with my soul and loose myself with no control.
To love and love and love some more, til all of me is completely gone,
only love remains.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A new day by Kasia Fedyk )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle