Here is Sarah.
She is not looking at the camera
Distracted by something else.
In her left hand she holds a stuffed animal
With a frilly blouse.
She is wearing a black leotard.
It has a tutu.
There are white tights underneath.
She has buck teeth, the front two separated than the others
Brown curly hair down to her shoulders
She is standing on a tarmac.
Behind her are airplanes
They are small airplanes
To her right is her sister
Her sister is African American
She has even curlier hair
It is also brown
She is wearing a dress
That is solid pink at the top
With a picture of Minnie Mouse
The bottom and sleeves are tiled with
Different patterns and colors
Maily pink, turquoise, and yellow.
Brie Carter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Photograph by Brie Carter )
- wild rabbit., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Address to Wm. Tytler, Esq., of Woodhous.., Robert Burns
- Impromptu on Carron Iron Works, Robert Burns
- The Belles of Mauchline, Robert Burns
- Bhai Phonta, Brother's Paste, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Lord a-Hunting he is gane, Robert Burns
- Lines on the Author's Death, Robert Burns
- Verses on Captain Grose, Robert Burns
- Eyes they see, Diplove gautam
- Inconstancy in love, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Man, Sidney Watson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Autumn Song, Sarojini Naidu
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)