He gave me a note
The day after the call
He says that he likes me
Too much to give up
The age difference doesn't matter.
To him or to me.
He says that he doesn't care
What any of our parents say.
He likes me
I like him too
He's not sure whether he wants a girlfriend.
He will think about it.
I can wait.
If he likes me enough he will choose.
I don't mind.
I will find out later
I can't wait to find out.
I like him
More than he can know.
Brie Carter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Note by Brie Carter )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Remember, I Remember, Thomas Hood
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(November 9 - 1937)