Palas Kumar Ray
A Piece Of Advice
King's men are the ears to the King.
King as usual sees through them.
You are as good or as bad to the King
As King's men narrate you to the King.
Don't confuse today
there is neither any Kingdom
nor there any King.
There are too many Kings' men
there are too many Kings.
If you are not stupid
Please the kings' men to please the King.
Or they hold the power
to destroy you in a blink.
You need not worry how are the Kings' men
Or how is the king.
For saving your soul first
sing to please kings' men, sing.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Piece Of Advice by Palas Kumar Ray )
- Blessed by the Divine, Deborah Kelley
- Artemis, Deborah Kelley
- poisons by s.r, skye robertson
- Stimulating Outcome, Mac McGovern
- Ultimately, Bill Grace
- Rapture, Deborah Kelley
- Though I mayst fall, Sir Toby
- FUTURE GROWING DISMAL, Donald R Charon
- S. Truett Cathy - In Memory, Bill Grace
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)