A Poet & His Wife (Mr. Nouveau Art and Mrs. Abstract Art)
I see the gulls
The sea gulls
I see flocks of sea gulls
Three, right on the beach
On the bright beach
Three Gulls on Brighton Beach
Three Gulls and Three Girls
The Waves and the Curls
In the Sea and the Hair of the Girls
The wind in their hair
All Feathered and Fair
The Hair and the Wings fill the air
The waves curl and spill
The locks and waves fill
The flocks and locks flutter and fill
White feathers with curls
The wave curves and curls
I see the curls of the sea and the gulls and the girls
Waves splash on the sand
Gulls sit on the sand
Gulls and Girls sit on the sand.
The waves wash up white
The gulls take their flight
The white gulls flap and take flight.
The white waves crash on the sand
The sand is speckled and tan
The gulls and girls are white and tan
The light makes the waves seem thin
Sparkling, translucent, and thin
The sun sparkles the wet waves and skin.
The gulls soar in the warm breeze.
The sand is washed by the foam from the seas.
Warm sand sticks to the skin of wet curves, legs, and knees.
I smell the bright sea and fresh air.
I feel the warm sun light on my skin and my hair.
And I wave to my girls, so happy and fair.
I have a gun…
Daniel Partlow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poet & His Wife (Mr. Nouveau Art and Mrs. Abstract Art) by Daniel Partlow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(21 July 1899 - 2 July 1961)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- My Classroom, shivani pillai
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Remember, Christina Georgina Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- A New Year, Electric Lady
- Antique., RAJ VIKRAM
- Belated', george albot
- Moment, Stratis Havarti
- NDFB, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Youth is remembered, hasmukh amathalal
- Fidelity, RAJ VIKRAM
- आलम दुसरा था.aalam dusraa thaa, hasmukh amathalal
- Fabrication of Success, Breanni McDuffey
- No base, hasmukh amathalal