A Prayer To You Lord God
Dearest the Lord thy God,
I come to You on bended knee,
Giving praise, honor and glory,
And whatever else pleases Thee.
In the almighty name of Jesus I pray,
Thank You, Heavenly Father for another day,
It’s not about the kind of weather outside,
But the spirit of the Messiah, Christ Jesus in my life,
Greetings also from fellow saints who trust and believe,
Through faith & patience Your promises we will receive,
Cheerfully spreading the Gospel with a consecrated kiss,
Exodus 23: 25 by blessings sickness is taken from our midst.
It’s only fitting that I start the day,
With an acknowledgment of spirit and grace,
For surely salvation has come my way,
Putting smile after smile on my face.
Making easier the sometimes stormy daily grind,
Because it is stated throughout the Bible many times,
Psalms 118: 8 don’t put confidence in man, trust the Lord, I am,
Psalm 31: 15 & 38: 9, my time & desire are in Your hands,
With sincere faith, belief and trust in the Son of Man,
Philippians 4: 13, through Jesus Christ (all things) yes I can.
Your divine will is what I seek my Father,
When my plans are not blessed by You, why bother?
Woe be unto to me I would ask and receive,
Something I could get and not really need.
Gifts of a certain nature that I know all so well,
Tools to be used by Satan for a one way ticket to hell,
A prize that is not a prize for what it really should be,
Romans 10: 9, confess Jesus is Lord, you’re saved & set free,
I ask in the name of Jesus, seeking strength for everyday strife,
My goal is to have the door open to Heaven gaining eternal life.
Well, my Heavenly Creator it’s time for my day to begin,
To walk in the steps of Christ Jesus my protector & friend,
Till tonight comes Father God when I kneel once again,
Through the shed Blood of Jesus, thank You and Amen.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Prayer To You Lord God by Luke Easter )
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 2), Erato
- Headache, Foster Teegarden
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your Guardian Angel, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Green Iris, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)