A Reading from the Anthropologists notes (20.12.1989)
Housed in a walking stick
the King stuck a feather duster at the top
fancied his fourth wife and tickled his fifth.
Ten mutton chops later
a gourd of red blood wine
two scoops of brain cutlets
he was feeling better.
With a bowl of imported shrimp in hand
battered and buttered
with chilly powder, a chilli willy
he was getting excited at the prospect
of knocking his seventh wife
but a flagging spirit ruined his erection
and he commanded the courtyard maidens
to dance like Queen of Sheba
on the High Priests entrails
as the music beat a violent end
to heads rolling in the dusty desert sands.
He counted the bowed heads
and picked the odd number out
to even his court kill.
The cradle of all creation was found ten yards
away in fossilised rock after five years of
guessing it must be around here.
Parody of procreation.
© Marshall Gass. All rights reserved.
Marshall Gass's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Reading from the Anthropologists notes (20.12.1989) by Marshall Gass )
- The Rain Falls On The Hill Above, Dennis Lange
- A Mirror, Margaret Alice Second
- Corners Of The Mouth, Saiom Shriver
- Lower Bunk Karma, Saiom Shriver
- Riddle Poem, Kiera Price
- Love is Sacrifice, Paul Sebastian
- The Guilty Innocent, Tata Kosi
- Lyman and Lloyd, Kim Barney
- The Incomplete Dzire, kashif khan
- Did I Die?, Lyn Paul
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Holly Moon
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)