A Red Flower
Your lips are like a southern lily red,
Wet with the soft rain-kisses of the night,
In which the brown bee buries deep its head,
When still the dawn's a silver sea of light.
Your lips betray the secret of your soul,
The dark delicious essence that is you,
A mystery of life, the flaming goal
I seek through mazy pathways strange and new.
Your lips are the red symbol of a dream,
What visions of warm lilies they impart,
That line the green bank of a fair blue stream,
With butterflies and bees close to each heart!
Brown bees that murmur sounds of music rare,
That softly fall upon the langourous breeze,
Wafting them gently on the quiet air
Among untended avenues of trees.
O were I hovering, a bee, to probe
Deep down within your scented heart, fair flower,
Enfolded by your soft vermilion robe,
Amorous of sweets, for but one perfect hour!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Red Flower by Claude McKay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Diwa ng isang OFW, Jesus James Llorico
- Clean heart, gajanan mishra
- In This World, Richard Provencher
- Murderer, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Eclipse (1975), Daniel Brick
- winter kiss, Dipankar Chakraborty
- A Lover's Rose, JJ Evendon
- Death was upon her, Naomi Chao
- Perhaps, Dipankar Chakraborty
- The matchless unparalelled Artist of the.., S.zaynub Kamoonpuri