Steve Trimmer (Aug.11,1973 / Manitoulin Island, Ontario)
A Rhapsody To Urana
We know of Uranus, God to The Sky
Declaimed by Hellenic Invaders of Thessaly
Yet history forgets the true Sky Deity
The lovely Urana, Sky Goddess of equanimity
Her name's eponymy, `Queen of The Mountains`
`Queen of Summer`, `Queen of The Winds`
`Queen of The Oxen`, `Queen of Sky Rains`
Orgiastic Queen, of mid-summer din
I flout the Aryan Decree of Varuna
Who claimed to Father, the north of Greece
The indigo blue in The Sky of Urana
Belongs to The Ladies of peace
We, Fantast scions, of Delphi's roots
Bemused by Pythoness Epithia
Staid are we, who know the truth
Of the Lady Sky...............Urana
Poet Other Poems
- A Bucolic Epode Of Aristaeus
- A Cambrian Tale in Cornwall; A Bardic Ri...
- A Forgotten Song Of Phthia
- A Hymn To The Hierophant’s Guild; Typhon...
- A Lost Epopee To The Dana
- A Miscreant`s Soliloquy
- A Recreant’s Soliloquy?
- A Requiem To Dear Brian And Nathan
- A Rhapsody To Urana
- A Sonnet To Eve
- A Sonnet; To The Scythian Queen
- A Valediction to Melancholy (Dear Galate...
- An Aphorism of Anodyne?
- An Entreaty to Eos
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.