A Riddle For You
standing high I see the whole forst
Limbs stretched, needles green,
I am the ponderosa pine.
Low on the ground, home to small bugs,
Different colors, loose on the ground or tight,
I am the sandstone.
Crunching beneath your feat,
Snapping and breaking, releasing smells,
I am the pine needle.
I shelter small anmals, I give food to some,
I lay short from the ground up, a smell so strong,
I am the sage brush.
I keep all these things alive,
Without me you can not survive
I am water.
Bethany Maxwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Riddle For You by Bethany Maxwell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey