Bethany Maxwell Poems
- Jumping Horses As you step into the arena, Your heart ...
- The Love For A Nephew (His smile wide his teeth shining as ...
- Flightless Bird My world is caged in, I can not fly away, ...
- Redrum The dagger slips through the skin You know that you ...
- Follow Me Into The Future Come with me as i walk I'll show ...
- Pass Away Watch the world pass away, As time does, day to ...
- Freedom What does freedom really mean? My mother letting me...
Hello I am Bethany Maxwell, I live in the US, and I am entering my second year of college. I: write, play 5 instruments, I also enjoy acting. I love spending time with the people who matter most to me. In kindergarden I was a social flower, but I slowly grew out of my social self, I am happy in my circle. I have just transferred schools and changed my major to Sociology. I love music I wouldnt be ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
As you step into the arena,
Your heart rushes,
Horse following close behind,
Giving you steady nudges.
You mount yourself slowly into the English saddle
You move toward the jump.
Your feet ready in the stirrups
In jumping position,
As you grow closer to the jump
You are overcome by a weird sensation,
A sensation of happiness, nervousness, and excitement
As you post you feel the heart rate of the horse.
You are both one.
Faster, and faster still,
You feel as if you where flying,
Your horse raises its front legs,
You are ...