Bethany Maxwell Poems
- Jumping Horses As you step into the arena, Your heart ...
- Redrum The dagger slips through the skin You know that you ...
- A Pearls Worth Silver pearls fall down her skin She knows ...
- A Moment She walks through the rain, the pain locked behind ...
- To Fade Away I want to melt away into nothing, To be a ...
- Stone Angel You are the reason for my pain, You are the ...
- As I Sit And Wait As I sit and wait time is all I have to ...
Hello I am Bethany Maxwell, I live in the US, and I am entering my second year of college. I: write, play 5 instruments, I also enjoy acting. I love spending time with the people who matter most to me. In kindergarden I was a social flower, but I slowly grew out of my social self, I am happy in my circle. I have just transferred schools and changed my major to Sociology. I love music I wouldnt be ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
As you step into the arena,
Your heart rushes,
Horse following close behind,
Giving you steady nudges.
You mount yourself slowly into the English saddle
You move toward the jump.
Your feet ready in the stirrups
In jumping position,
As you grow closer to the jump
You are overcome by a weird sensation,
A sensation of happiness, nervousness, and excitement
As you post you feel the heart rate of the horse.
You are both one.
Faster, and faster still,
You feel as if you where flying,
Your horse raises its front legs,
You are ...