A ROCKY ROAD
A ROCKY ROAD
My darling sent this quote to me.
She wrote it down in Latin,
A Language that one does not hear
Even in Mid-Town Manhattan.
"Per aspera ad astra."
Means, with loose translation,
"A rough road leads to the stars",
Which I read with fascination.
Our challenge is one of distance
And not one of direction.
We require something more tactile
And not of Astral Projection.
Bureaucracy may blow us,
Like the wind does to a feather
We may become re-directed
Within this world to the nether.
We shall try to stay the course
In bad and stormy weather.
Then to explore our new universe
As it should be... together!
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A ROCKY ROAD by Edward Iacona )
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
- Always, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- The condition again, hasmukh amathalal
- Oatmeal Omelet, Von Kimball Barney
- The condition, hasmukh amathalal
- Reason, Elia Michael
- Autumn Again But, Nassy Fesharaki
- He Was Leaving, Neela Nath
- Symphony, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The hunter's trap - By POET Yaser Nadeem.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)