A ROCKY ROAD
A ROCKY ROAD
My darling sent this quote to me.
She wrote it down in Latin,
A Language that one does not hear
Even in Mid-Town Manhattan.
"Per aspera ad astra."
Means, with loose translation,
"A rough road leads to the stars",
Which I read with fascination.
Our challenge is one of distance
And not one of direction.
We require something more tactile
And not of Astral Projection.
Bureaucracy may blow us,
Like the wind does to a feather
We may become re-directed
Within this world to the nether.
We shall try to stay the course
In bad and stormy weather.
Then to explore our new universe
As it should be... together!
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A ROCKY ROAD by Edward Iacona )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Luna ii, binod bastola
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn
- A Pair Of Messy Birds (Fun Poem 158), David Harris
- Beyond The Desert, Tracee Olga
- Tumbleweed, Robert Kane
- The Motorcyclists, James Tate
- The Definition of Gardening, James Tate
- Escape, Sadiqullah Khan